MAS 962, Problem Set 1

Part One

For part one I define one em, one point, and one pixel.

Part Two

For part two I decode text input using the decoding file http://acg.media.mit.edu/mas962/ps1/code.txt as specified in the homework assignment.

Part Three

For part three I make a creative version of part two. My applet is a dynamic version of the algorithm in part two. The letters translate into their decoding immediately in the TextArea. Any character input that is not in the decoding table nudges the size or location of the output area, with this shifting itself changing so that you don't get used to any one keymapping.

Admittedly, I did not have the shifting window working right for class - getting that insets to work correctly is not trivial! So for you purists, here is the program that was ready by the deadline. After class I put another hour or two getting this working correctly.


[Back to MAS962 Problem Sets]